Saturday, May 3, 2014

The endota Experiment #endotalovesmums - VIDEO

I spotted this on Australian TV - on 'Sunrise' - a few days ago and positively bawled.

It's all about mums, in time for Mother's Day.

Watch and share. I defy you to not cry:


If we are caring for elderly mums - and dads - the importance of the message of this video is amplified about tenfold.

If they have dementia, multiply that by about 100.

The YouTube description says:

"Even on Mother's Day, we fail - sorry people, but we do - we fail to tell our Mothers just how much they mean to us, and just how grateful we are for their tireless sacrifice and support.

Because #endotalovesmums, we conducted an experiment...

We invited six unsuspecting people to take part. Unaware of what it would involve, the participants were given a list of prompts and asked to reflect on what their Mums mean to them.
The prompts included "when I imagine my Mum, I see her...", "now that I'm a parent myself, I want to thank my Mum for...", and "if Mum were no longer around, I would feel..."

They were then were asked to take the confronting step of calling their Mums to relay their feelings -- a task so simple in theory, but in reality hugely emotional, surprisingly difficult and ultimately massively rewarding. Cue heartfelt thanks. Genuine appreciation. Thrilled Mums. And oh so many tears.

We hope it encourages you to do the same this Mother's Day.
'endota loves Mums' gift cards are available from your local endota spa. Grab one, and tell your Mum how you really feel this Mother's Day."

Social links:
Join the conversation by using the #endotalovesmums hashtag
Twitter: http://twitter.com/endotaspa
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/endota.day.spa
Web: http://www.endotadayspa.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment