Saturday, July 26, 2014

'Once My Mother' movie: TRAILER

I truly believe everything happens for a reason.

Last night, as I met some fabulous women at a girl get together (which I almost didn't make because I had to attend to my mother's unexpected delirium, which seemed to subside, but then reared its head the next day, which resulted in an ambulance ride, 10 hours by her bedside, and a hospital admission… but that's another story), and I told one fabulous woman about my just-released book, she then told me about this wonderful new movie she'd just heard about that 'everyone' was raving about. I'd mentioned how my book dealt with caring for my mother, who has dementia and she showed me the site for this new movie which has received critical acclaim.

That movie is 'Once My Mother', and as I looked at the movie poster and heard this woman's assessment of the movie, I knew this was special.

Here is the film's synopsis, and the trailer below.

Because I truly think I was meant to share this with you so that you may also get something out of it… and see the movie.

The Story

When Australian filmmaker Sophia Turkiewicz was seven years old, her Polish mother, Helen, abandoned her in an Adelaide orphanage. Sophia never forgot this maternal act of betrayal. Now in middle age, as Sophia examines her troubled relationship with Helen, she discovers the story behind Helen’s miraculous wartime escape from a Siberian gulag, her subsequent survival against the odds and the truth about an historic betrayal involving Stalin and the Allies.

With Helen sliding into dementia, Sophia must confront her own demons. Did she ever truly know this woman who became her mother? Does she have it in her heart to forgive her? And is it too late?




'Once My Mother' bookings now open for the national cinema season from 24 July (for two weeks):

SYDNEY - Chauvel and Hayden Orpheum, Cremorne
MELBOURNE - Cinema Nova
CANBERRA - Greater Union Manuka
BRISBANE - Palace Centro
ADELAIDE - Palace Eastend
PERTH - Cinema Paradiso
NEWCASTLE - Regal


For the film's site, click here.

For the film's Facebook page, click here.

For the film's Twitter page, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment