Tuesday, January 6, 2015

'A Separation': Dementia Under The Spotlight - Movie Trailer

A friend of mine tagged me in this Facebook photo and I was immediately compelled to look up its origin.



My friend asked a friend for a translation. It says: "Does your father recognise you (the father has dementia). The son answers: "It doesn't matter... I myself know that he is my beloved father."

It turns out it's a movie still from the Iranian movie 'A Separation', directed by Asghar Farhadi.

The plot line: Simin wants to leave Iran with her husband Nader and daughter Termeh. Simin sues for divorce when Nader refuses to leave behind his Alzheimer-suffering father.

Her request having failed, Simin goes back to her parents but Termeh decides to stay with Nader.


Here is the sometimes confronting trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment