Sunday, September 21, 2014

World Alzheimer's Day 2014: What should know right now

World Alzheimer's Day 2014: here's what should know right now.

- Alzheimer's is a type of dementia, not the other way around (see the list below).

- Dementia is a terminal disease. People eventually die from dementia.

- There is NO cure for dementia.

- In Australia, dementia is the third biggest cause of death, after heart disease and stroke (cancer does not even make the top 3… dementia comes before it).

- It's called 'the long goodbye' as the period of time between diagnosis to death can be a lengthy one… often years.

- Dementia is not just about losing things, or forgetting where you put your keys. This can a sign of dementia, yes. However, dementia is debilitating and in the advanced stages, it affects the mind, the body, and can lead to involuntary weight loss, can affect the ability to swallow, and more. Dementia is a degenerative disease.

- The kinds of dementia include: Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies, mixed dementia, Parkinson's disease, frontotemperal dementia, Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseNormal pressure hydrocephalusHuntington's DiseaseWernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome.

- Again, it's important to understand: dementia is fatal.

- Dementia is NOT a normal part of ageing. Not all who are elderly are diagnosed with dementia.

- Each week there are 1600 new cases of dementia is Australia.

- By 2029, Australia will be in need of more than 150,000 paid and unpaid carers for people with dementia.

- If you think dementia is someone else's problem, think again. Most of us will be affected by dementia - be it as someone receiving a diagnosis or as someone caring for someone with dementia - in our lifetime.

What are some things you know about dementia that you have learned along the way? Share!

Here is an infographic with various stats and facts and more:

Alzheimer's Australia #alzheimers #tgen #mindcrowd www.mindcrowd.org



For more info, call 1800 100 500 or see fightdementia.org.au

1 comment:

  1. I thought my life had become meaningless and had nothing to offer anymore as I had HIV, the symptoms became very severe and bold which made my family and friends run away from me and abandoned me, so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams, vision and job because doctors told me there's no cure. I consumed so many antiviral drugs, but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me, It was worse. I was desperate to find a solution to this horrible and deadly virus inside me. I made online research on herbal remedy for  HIV/Aids cure when I came across testimonies of some people on how DR JAMES uses his herbal mix medicine to Cured them of  MENINGITIS, DENGUE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR DISORDER, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, UNDERACTIVE THYROID, HIV/AIDS. HERPES VIRUS. CANCER, ALS, STROKE, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, FIBROID, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER.OVARIAN CANCER, INFERTILITY,GET YOUR EX BACK. I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked, and he told me on how his herbs and root medicine works Which was all okay with me. He sent me his herbal mix medicine and told me the usage and I should go for a test after 3 weeks of drinking the herbal medicine Within 7 days of his medications the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I negative by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR James for saving my life and I'll keep telling the world about you. If you're out there going through pains, rejection and  facing any kind of health challenges Worry no more and contact DR James via.  DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM  He's a good man, and he will surely help you.

    ReplyDelete